“A future where the people of Boulder County are provided the safest, most effective, and most efficient search and rescue services realized through practical, interagency collaboration.”
Boulder Emergency Squad is a professionally trained and certified all-volunteer 501(c)(3) search and rescue team who safely delivers high quality and timely emergency search, rescue and support services to the people of Boulder County.
- BES provides specialized search and rescue services:
- Dive and water rescue
- Urban and rural search management and tactical operations
- Heavy vehicle and aircraft extrication
- Rope rescue and low-angle evacuations
- Wildland fire suppression
- Ancillary: structure fire support, traffic control, disaster assistance, incident staging, and other support services.
BES maintains a state of readiness to successfully deliver these services by:
- People: Building a culture of teamwork and transparency.
- Training: Conducting training that ensures members can apply skills to priority services.
- Equipment: Maintaining apparatus and equipment in a state of operational readiness.
- Collaboration: Expanding interagency, operational collaboration and efficiencies.
- Safety: Zero injuries, zero damage.
- Response: Optimize response times to do the most good for the most people.
- Training: Provide engaging training on priority services.